Sunday, 15 November 2009

Delicious Day

Today for lunch we made a pesto with the rocket bought from the Kyneton Farmer's Market yesterday and ate it with home-made spaghetti. For afters we ate the strawberries from the Daylesford Market, dusted with vanilla sugar. Yum! For dinner Paul made this most delicious Lebanese soup of yoghurt, cucumber and garlic, with toasted pine-nuts and plump sultanas. Mmm. Perfect summer evening food, I think.

A very old friend called in this afternoon. We hadn't seen her for about 15 years and then we met again recently at a trade fair in Melbourne, completely by chance. It was great to catch up with her, and while we were chatting, the boys snuck into the kitchen and made us these special cocktails. I'm not sure exactly what was in them, I suspect mashed up strawberries, water, and lemons from the tree, but we politely sipped them. I love the touch of putting the strawberry on the side of the glass, like a classy daquiri!

Later we made jam tarts together, and as a special pudding treat - impromptu sundaes, which in England are known as Knickerbocker Glories, a name my boys find completely hilarious! I hope that your Sunday is as tasty as mine!x

2 comments:

Vic said...

Oh your boys aren't the only ones that find that name hilarious! (They do look soooooooo yummy though...!)

Kickcan and Conkers said...

I remember the treat of Knickerbocker glories, banana splits and waffles. Reminds me of our summer hls by the sea . Made me smile :)