Sunday, 29 November 2009

Flat Out

This is a post I've been wanting to write for some time. I am so busy at the moment. This time of year, with Christmas and all, is very important for our business. Lark is our family's main income and we also employ three nice people part-time, so at this time of year, because our business is gifts and toys, we work really, really hard to keep our customers happy and stay in business. It's just how it is. We take our holidays in Autumn, we are poor in Winter, and Spring is when we just work, work, work.

So I'm really sorry if I haven't replied to your email yet, but I will, as soon as I come up for air. And thank you if you left me a kind blog comment. I do read them all, and I always visit the blogs of everyone who leaves a comment on mine, but I often just don't have time to write a comment back, much as I'd like to.

And I'm sorry to my beautiful kids, who for a few weeks at this time of year don't always get as much attention as they deserve. I promise you, my lovelies, that in a couple of weeks it will all be over and we will have our usual crazy family Christmas then we will spend January hanging out together in the sun and making ice lollies and water bombs.

And sorry mum that I haven't rung you very often this month. And sorry to anyone I have been a bit impatient or rude to this past couple of weeks. And roll on Christmas, it can't come soon enough for me.



Lizard Drinking photo by Richard & Jo.

9 comments:

Andi said...

Wishing you a speedy December so that you can get on with family time in January.
(No need to reply!)
Andi :-)

Beky said...

Take care I send virtual hugs.
(No need to reply)
:-)

bubbachenille said...

Most of us in business understand totally, Dont feel badly and I hope you and your fam have a great Christmas. Tomorrow we are hosting a blogette lunch to wish some of our followers and friends a happy Christmas as we know that this time of the year can become overwhelming..A ladies day..gift swap and all, anyone reading should try it in their area. We have sixteen for lunch and a swim and we are very excited about meeting some of our followers!
Off the point a bit , Have a nice Christmas
(no need to reply ! :-) )
miriam

bubbachenille said...

P.S love the pic of "flat out like a lizard drinking" too !

lily40au said...

No apologies necessary ... I hope December flies and you make lots of money and have a wonderful time with family.

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

This is one of my favourite times of year but it can get so stressful. Take Care of yourself and your family and don't forget to smell the daisies. xx
ps No reply necessary ! xx

Clara said...

You're doing a beautiful job, and with a lovely, caring attitude. Most of my family are getting pressies from Lark, and I've really enjoyed shopping for them (plus a few treats for my new house...). Best of luck for the new few weeks, and hope you can enjoy the chaos at times. We are in the middle of our own chaos - moving interstate on Tues! So busy, yes, I know how you feel, and it'll all be worth it by Xmas for us too.

How Tweet It Is said...

Dont worry I am sure everyone knows exactly how you feel! I too have been drooling over your website and am working out Christmas presents for my family so sorry I wont be helping to keep things quiet for you on that front. Wishing you safe and happy xmas (hope you can relax on the big day itself)

Buttons by Lou Lou said...

I second all of that. Well not all exactly the same but I feel the same way. It doesn't take much to get me over busy with a 1 and 3 year old!