Monday, 30 November 2009

My Sister Pat

We have just launched My Sister Pat in our shop. I am really excited about this range of women's swimwear, and it's attracting a lot of attention already.

Margie Delahunty Spencer is a local designer; her 1950s-inspired bathers are handmade in Ballarat using vintage fabrics and traditional methods.

The bathers are cotton-lined and fully shirred at the back, making them incredibly flattering and easy to wear.

Margie's bathers have appeared in Vogue and are worn by quite a few celebs (but I'm not one to name drop). You can also see them in this month's Peppermint. They are only available in a handful of shops and I'm delighted that Lark is one of them.

We've got a selection of My Sister Pat one-pieces and bikinis in different sizes and colours. You are welcome to visit our Daylesford shop to see them, or you can buy them in our online shop. I am going to treat myself to one for Christmas and wear it to the beach in January!

12 comments:

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

Well you wil have your new slim figure too. They are brilliant. I reently did a blog post about my new vintage style swimsuit from Prue Trollope and these look equally divine. I shall have to treat myself as well. I wish I had the figure for the blue floral bikini. Gorgeous bathers! xx

Bush Belles said...

Gorgeous, wouldnt I blow the other mums out of the water at swimming lessons!

Andi said...

These are gorgeous.
If only they catered for enormous boobs!!!
Maybe a slight adjustment? Or some shirring in the boobie area?

Isis said...

I've been very interested in these togs since I saw them at thread den in melbourne, they are exactly what i'd like but aren't they made of cotton and that would take aaaages to dry!?

if anyone has some please let me know

x isis

VintageVicki said...

They are fab :)

Not sure about wearing them to the beach in January here in England - tbh even in August the sea here is 'bracing'.

knitting sprouts said...

i was at your shop on saturday and these were my very favourite thing - so so lovely

Amanda said...

I love them! Am going to jump to your online store now - maybe I can add one to my about to leave order!
I could swan about in these quite happily!

sarah barnett said...

These are fabulous! Just wish there was somewhere local where I could try them on! How would they stand up to bodysurfing?

Thea said...

I love these! It's a good thing if they're made of cotton as wet togs keep you cool. Will definitely check them out. I hope they're stocked in QLD. Swimmers are the one thing you do have to try on.

Leah said...

These are beautiful, I want one!

JazyJae's said...

Oh so gorgeous! I love this style it does not matter that much if your a stick or a womanly figured lady they are soooooo flatering and for those of us who want to be modest but SEXY Mummy perfect.

ren0 said...

I adore these My Sister Pat swimsuits. I have just discovered their head office website: www.mysisterpat.com.au
i love the concept of " duplicates are rare"