Friday, 27 November 2009

Hello Old Friends

Thanks for all your supportive comments about bullying, I appreciated them all and I especially liked the comment by Iris (whose sister makes these lovely doll patterns) that: 'finding a real friend these days is a bit like finding a pearl so rare and precious'. My own recent experience proves this to be true (bullying doesn't just happen to kids) but I've been heartened by the kind words of some super friends (you know who you are), and also excited this week to have heard from these two old pals who I haven't spoken to for ages.

New friends are nice but old friends are the best, aren't they? This year we'll once again be spending Christmas Day at home with friends we've known for 17 years (we don't have any family in Australia). Both my sons have known their best friends since we first moved here three years ago - my older son has even been at a different school from his bestie for the past two years, but they are still so close and comfortable with each other when they meet, and they are proud of their friendship. I love to see it! I don't get to see most of my besties very often as we are all scattered about the world, but we still keep in touch through phone and email and it's nice to know they are out there and doing just fine. x

2 comments:

Lily and Agathe said...

Hello xx

Little Ted Canvas said...

I like Iris' comment about real friends. I have a sweet little plate somewhere given to me by a friend when I was just a little girl. It says 'True friends are like diamonds, precious but rare, false friends are like autumn leaves found everywhere...' I always remember that little saying and I'll share it with my boys as they grow up. It's very true I think.