Wednesday, 11 November 2009

Phew!

It's hot, hot, hot today. Crazy weather - ten days ago I was sleeping with a hot water bottle and today it's 35 degrees. It's staying hot until Monday apparently. I went out to lunch with my friend Belinda, in the relative shadiness of Koukla's, but when I went back to the office it was too hot to work so I came home instead and we took the kids for an ice cream. Working for yourself can be really hard, but on days like today I really appreciate being able to just pack up and go home. Not that my house is air-conditioned or anything but at least I can lie around on the sofa reading magazines there!

5 comments:

zofia said...

Definitely ice-cream weather!

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

I miss winter. Unlike nearly the whole of Australia, I am not fond of summer. xx

dear prudence said...

It certainly was a stinker yesterday! Icecream is THE only cure

RoLuc said...

Isn't it great to have a good a huge change of seasonal weather. Although there isn't much of the cool stuff on the horizon as yet! More ice cream I say!

Emma said...

oooo so jealous sitting here in the UK reading about hot weather. I don't do cold very well and my desire to move down under gets stronger by the day! Great to hear you're doing well in Aus, keep blogging! x