Thursday, 26 November 2009

Sun vs. Rain

It's been raining all day, rain like you wouldn't believe. I don't think I've ever seen this much rain, even in rainy Daylesford. The rain on our tin roof is so loud that we've had to shout at customers all day! I think there has even been some flooding. It never rains but it pours, eh?

It's been a funny old day inside too. Quite a few local customers braved the rain to visit us. Emily brought in some handmade Christmas cards, pretty new earrings from lovely Gaynor were dropped off too. I received a crappy email. And a nice email about a big collaborative project for next year. An exciting long-awaited contract came in the mail, as well as another less pleasant legal matter that I can't put off much longer. Lost a favourite brooch. Bought a new one (from Betty Jo). A day of contradictions, I guess.

It was lovely to go to school assembly today, which I don't manage to do as often as I'd like. And I was taken for a slap-up lunch at Red Star too. A happy day in spite of (because of?) the rain!

4 comments:

PottyMouthMama said...

One of those strange days here too, I'm afraid. Though it's stiflingly hot. Erk. I definitely do not want to go outside for fear I may sizzle. Instead I've been turning our house, and in particular, bedroom, completely upside down looking for a - you guessed it - very special brooch. I am about to tear my hair out if it doesn't turn up soon.

the spectator said...

Congratulations on your coverage in Real Living. I hope it brings you lots of business.

Little Ted Canvas said...

It's been pouring all day here too! And steamy...eeewww the humidity! There must be something in the air - my boys have come home all ratty & short tempered, not even the regular game of Star Wars is playing out nicely! Although there has been a huge achievement - my 3yr old has taken himself upstairs and got himself dressed for bed all on his own!! A very proud moment...

Emma said...

Wow, what a day! And I love the pictures the children have drawn. Not the sort of pictures children tend to draw in the UK - here's it's more cats, dogs and horses, the odd cow and sheep, and lots of cars and houses!
BTW, Daylesford looks delightful - I see why you like it.