Thursday, 5 November 2009

Yay Decor8!

The lovely Decor8 blog is featuring a tour of our Daylesford shop today, you can find it here.

Decor8 is just about my favourite design blog ever. I wrote to Holly Becker after she posted a tour of this super-cute shop in Malmo, Sweden. I travelled to Malmo and Copenhagen with my friend Angela last year and the amazing little boutiques we found selling children's goods and homewares were what really inspired me to open my own shop.

I told Holly a little about Lark and she wrote back to say that she loved our shop. In her feature, she says "When I look at Allison's shop it almost reminds me of a blog brought to life because she carries so many independent brands that you wouldn’t typically find if you were out buying at a trade show." This is so nice to hear as it is exactly what we have tried to do in our shop by working with people whose work we have known and loved for ages. Yay! Thanks, Holly!

12 comments:

Kickcan and Conkers said...

Wonderful article Allison. Really pleased for you, the shop is just so gorgeous - wish I could fly over and have a peek.

Buttons by Lou Lou said...

That is a lovely write up and shop tour. One day I will visit. Lou.

downstairs Designs said...

I came via Decor8 just to say your shop is absolutely darling! And inspiring- it is exactly the type of place I have in my goals to open in my small town in Iowa- a place to carry my own work, but also support so many local artists and help support the community as well. Thanks so much for sharing- I am off to browse your blog!

Shan said...

congrats!!
your shop looks amazing
can't wait to get up to see it :)

Sophie said...

Hi I saw your store at decor8 and LOVED that face pillow but i cant find it on your website. are you selling it? i love it
let me know please

Sunweeds said...

congratulations, it's a great article.

Bettina said...

I´m so glad that I found you!
I´m an illustrator and it would be nice if you will visit my blogg!!!!

jqline said...

I really enjoyed the interview at Holly's! I adore both your shop and your blog! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to yoU!

jacqueline
http://jqlinesocuteithurts.typepad.com/

angela said...

Great article Allison and the photos look gorgeous. Can't wait to come and visit Lark in person!!

Merissa Cherie said...

Your shop is adorable! If you were in my town I'd definitely be a frequent customer! So much eye candy! Congratulations to you for acting on your inspirations and opening up shop!
Cheers,
Merissa
i came your way via decor8

AnastasiaC said...

i just saw it and had to come over to congratulate you on the feature - your shop looks amazing Allison
well done and I do hope to visit oneday!! Yayyy....now i feel inspired too, how lovely to have a shop of one's own!

Megs said...

Hi Allison,

I love your blog and I love the look of your store! Wish I lived anywhere near you, so I could come visit! I make Baby Cocoons (my Womb with a View's) and I was wondering whether it might be something you would consider stocking in your store? If you might be interested I would love your email address so that I can write to you. Here is a link to my etsy store and if you are interested let me know! http://www.edanrose.etsy.com
Hope to hear from you,
Megan.