Sunday, 17 January 2010

The Beach

We've been away at the beach with friends for a few days - Queenscliff, to be more precise, a beautiful old Victorian seaside town that Paul and I have been visiting for many years.

We stayed in a very sweet cottage, where we lazed about reading magazines, playing games and watching Bugsy Malone.



We played in the ocean, went to the funfair, did all the usual, lovely holiday things, and the weather was superb! There were a couple of things that didn't make me happy - number one, discovering on Saturday night that our sweet little cottage was directly behind a live music venue, and effectively having Joe Camilleri play live in our bedroom for three long hours. Number two - stepping off the duck boat/bus tour in Geelong to the waiting queue of people, only to discover that the wind had blown open all of my buttons and I was totally exposing myself! The others thought this was hilarious. But still - a great few days away, and just what we all needed!


17 comments:

Posie Patchwork said...

Flashing the tourists, didn't know you had it in you Allison, he he he, love Posie

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

Sounds an idyllic break. I could cope with it all even the Joe Camilleri music for a beach holiday at the moment. xx

Swift Jan said...

Oops about the buttons!

My word that ice-cream looks delicious!

the spectator said...

Think about it this way. You got to listen to Joe gratis while others had to pay!
We went past the shop recently. The new signage looks terrific and does its job, that is, very eyecatching.

Jenni said...

perfect beachside holiday.
I love Queenscliff!

Bianca Jae Makes Stuff said...

Oops about the buttons lol!
I love Queenscliff. We used to go to Point Lonsdale as kids. Before it got so touristy and posh...when you could by a house for under $1 million lol! We used to catch the bus to Queenscliff for the ice cream....ahhh the memories! xox

Adele said...

What a great place, like the piled high ice-cream.
Adele

Bo med barn said...

It looks lovely for us up north werw the snow is falling from the sky.

Lena:)

Cathy Santarsiero, "The Christmas Corgi" said...

Looks like a perfect getaway!

sarah-jane down the lane said...

Hi Allison,

I loved this post. My brother got married in Queenscliff and my Nephew was christened there, so lots of gorgeous memories for me, thank you. Glad you all had fun,

Sarah x

Little Ted Canvas said...

I hear we crossed paths in a little shop in Barwon Heads! I must have been in my own little world, I can't believe I didn't realise it was you! Glad to hear you had a fun time.

Alison said...

Oh Allison, it was lovely to see your images. I used to spend a lot of holiday time in Queenscliff as I grew up in Geelong. Now I'm on the other side of the country. Sorry but I did have a little chuckle about the button fiasco.

BOB & MABEL said...

Glad you had a lovely time, I live in Ocean Grove so feel very lucky that we have beautiful Queenscliff just a 10 minute drive away.

blue ginger designs said...

i have just got back from queenscliff myself! Its so nice down there. Some really cool quirky shops around too.
And they have the best ice cream shop, and fish and chip shop!...OH MY>.....So good!!!
See you in Feb!

moose and bird said...

Sounds like an almost perfect family getaway. Shame about the buttons. Something similar happened to me once, but we won't talk about that? It was self inflicted.
Have a great week. Melinda xo

thea said...

oooh i'm jealous... looks like fun :)

thea.
xx

www.spoonfulzine.com

prashant said...

Looks like a perfect getaway!

Work from home India