Friday, 22 January 2010

A Day on Earth

Yes, an ordinary day on Earth. Writing this while stirring spaghetti sauce. Worked today, and took the kids to the dentist (no fillings, dentist happy, phew, we are pretty poor parents in some respects but Paul and I are totally strict about cleaning teeth and limiting lollies because we hate dentists and both suffered with our teeth through our twenties). Had two customers ring up to ask where their order has got to and both times Australia Post say they have been delivered and signed for (?). Trying to get back to losing weight after Christmas gluttony. Ho hum.

But the real reason this post is called 'a day on earth' is because that's where I've been today...

A Day on Earth, David Bromley's workshop at Shed 4, East Street, Daylesford.

I have known about this place for ages but always resisted going as it's a bit pricey (to say the least) and I knew I'd fall in love with loads of unobtainable things (which I did), but it's nevertheless a very cool place and I thought you would enjoy these photos. My friend and I spent ages coo-ing over the sheer amazingness of this place and I think you will too, it's well worth a visit if you come to Daylesford.







9 comments:

m.e (Cathie) said...

thank you fo sharing this wonderful dreamy place with us Alison, amazing!
i was sighing over those gorgeous library drawers & my partner the car in the 1st pic :) (typical boy)

Posie Patchwork said...

Geesh, what finds, that mini bus, too cute!! Love drawers, oh, all fabulous!!
I'm big on dentists too, have them in the family, so i've been taking my children since they got teeth (if only to ride in the chair & get used to dental experience). Wait until they get molars & need the sealing, it adds up times 4 children for me but really prevents cavities. I'm pedantic about cleaning teeth too.
Tip for young players - dentists aren't just looking at teeth, they look at gums, skin, eyes & your children's body shape too. Yes, really, all that. Love Posie

I Purr-Furr to Craft said...

how perfectly lovely! a magical place just loved those drawers.
Congrats at the dentist too!

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

Cool guy, cool art. Daylesford is really happening! I took my daughter to the dentist for the first time this week. I hate going to the dentist. Too many bad memories of the bad old days. And the drill is totally wicked...

Adele said...

Have just been reading about your new cafe, sounds really exciting. Can't wait to see how it develops.
Adele

Little Ted Canvas said...

Does look intriguing, must pay a visit next time I'm over your way. I'm with you on dentisits - they terrify me! Of course I don't let the boys know this... Have a great weekend!

lisa :: the red thread said...

Oh I SOOOO want to go there!

Kickcan and Conkers said...

This place looks amazing!!!

Anna Bartlett said...

I've read about this place but thanks so much for the photos. I had no idea it would be quite so wonderful!