Thursday, 28 January 2010

Favourite Reads

Just thought I would show you a few of our favourite zines from the Lark shop. I am a magazine junkie and I'm always on the lookout for new reads that are pretty and absorbing. Please let me know if you make a zine we might like, or if you have a favourite you'd like to tell us about!

World Sweet World - aah! The current issue has a very useful article about taking your craft to trade fairs and markets.

Thaw - made in regional Victoria, this quarterly mag is about fashion, music, craft and love. Great photography too!

Extra Curricular is brand new and it's all about doing something creative in your spare time, we love it!


mixtape is about to go to issue 12 can you believe, this made in Melbourne mag is still totally the best crafty zine around, yay!

Peppermint - beautiful, eco friendly mag, and super-nice people behind it.

These are just a few of our favourites. Justine from mixtape pointed out to me that they are all run by guy-girl couples, how sweet is that? I am really in awe of people who produce magazines, it it obviously a real labour of love. I reckon we have some of the best zines right here in Australia and New Zealand, don't you?

5 comments:

Posie Patchwork said...

Everything Lark does is divine. Happy reading, love Posie

Market Girl said...

What a great line up, thanks for showing me a few I had not heard of.
Cheers
Julie

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

I love my mags too although I've cut back a lot. I still have to find an Australian magazine that comes close to the whimsical, fab richness of Lula. I am totally in love with Lula! xx

robyn said...

they are amazing mags. i love my mags - bh&g, aww, any mag actually. they are stunning mags and you are right about the photography in thaw. talented people around if they can produce magazines every month/quarter.

~ Kim ~ said...

Oooh that EC one looks really good. Isn't that Jodie's daughter on the cover of Thaw?