Saturday, 9 January 2010

Phew!

I've been taking advantage of today's heat to stay indoors and design a new leaflet to promote the Daylesford Maker's Market. I always love doing the design and development work for this event as it is a change from Lark and it is a non-profit event that attracts some really great crafters from regional Victoria (and Melbourne too). I'm really excited that it's going to be held more often this year.

If you're interested in booking a stall head over here - and put Saturday 6 February in your diary as that's the next event!

The stunning photos were taken by Rohan Anderson of Thaw magazine, who kindly sponsor the market along with our two local craft shops (yes, we have two great craft shops in Daylesford - Threadneedle and Purl's Palace). You can see more of Rohan's photos from the last event on the Market blog.

Speaking of Threadneedle, I braved the heat briefly and popped in to buy my Liverpool Dress pattern (see last post) and Merrilyn had all of the Amy Butler catalogues for me to browse through (in air-conditioned comfort). Yay!

8 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Rohans photos are just beautiful. I'm really looking forward to the 6th of February!

beccasauras said...

I have not stopped thiinking about this pattern, thank you! I found one by McCalls for $20 at Spotlight, it won't even compare so i'd rather get Amy's. Now i'm trying to hunt it down a bit cheaper, shh!

Violet and Rose said...

Good luck with your marketeering. I hope to make it up for one this year X

Frances said...

Great links. We're coming back to D'sford tomorrow!

Jacqueline said...

Makers market sounds so fun...wish i was close enough to participate or visit the market! Have a lovely merry happy weekend and love to yoU!

jacqueline
http://jqlinesocuteithurts.typepad.com/

I Purr-Furr to Craft said...

really lovely pictures, I would love to get there one day.

Jennie McClelland said...

Oh hadn't seen that one should Amy Butler Love pattern, does that woman ever stop with perfection??
All the best with your lovely markets, so ace that people are getting the local handmade thing, Canberra is totally rocking!!
Love Posie

Hey Bambini said...

l've just discovered Amy Butler and l love her work. Amazing use of colour.