Thursday, 11 February 2010

Cute Vintage

Speaking of haberdashery, check out this cute sewing cabinet I spotted when I popped in to say hello to Martine in her shop Blonde Vintage the other day.


The ornate metal feature becomes a leg for the pull-down sewing table, and inside there are reel holders and a drawer for notions. How cool is that!

Sadly a lucky customer had bought the cabinet as soon as it went into the shop or I might have been tempted.

Lovely Amanda has just been into the shop with some vintage wallpapers for me to play with. She knows I am an addict. Amanda scored a whole roll of this 1960s design from an op shop!

This gorgeous alphabet wallpaper was in Amanda's bedroom when she was a girl. Isn't it beautiful?

6 comments:

Posie Patchwork said...

Super score on the wall paper & shame about the cabinette, that is neat storage like an ironing board on the wall, love those in theory - but i leave my ironing board up 24/7 in the studio, always have to press or iron something. Love Posie

Jenni said...

isn't it gorgeous & isn't Martine & her shop gorgeous also. We went to Ballarat for a sleepover in the holidays & Blonde Vintage was right in front of where I was sitting having my coffee.
Boy was I happy & what a lovely visit I had.
In fact Ballarat in general was fab & as for the Wool shed.....well I could go on & on..

GemmaJoy said...

oH I love it. I would have been very tempted.. love love love the wallpaper too

BEE said...

oooh I'm drooling over that wallpaper!

Little Ted Canvas said...

Love the alphabet wall paper, and that cabinet - Fantastic! Isn't it amazing how it starts to bucket down at school pick up time, you can almost count on it...

le @ whoopwhoop said...

love love love these .. I have found a fab 1953 retro styled house in dunedin and I can see some wallpaper in it's future if we buy it - pics on blog - while I lust after it - ahhh best le