Wednesday, 3 February 2010

Design Files & Inside Out

I woke up to a nice surprise today - an email from Lucy Feagins of the Design Files to say that her feature on our home has been posted today. You can see it here. The Design Files is one of the most highly-regarded design blogs and it's based here in Melbourne, I read it every day, so this is SO exciting for me, to see our home on there (not that it looks quite so tidy today, I can tell you!).

Speaking of homes, the new issue of Inside Out has the most charming home feature. Flicking through the mag, my eyes were drawn to the home of Lisa Hamilton in Sydney. She has managed to pull off the difficult feat of including lots of vintage and handmade touches in her home without it looking cluttered (which I am guilty of). I am in love. It is so fresh and inspiring, this will be my role model if I ever move house, I think!


7 comments:

sweetwilliam said...

Your home looks wonderful Alison, congratulations on the feature.

Posie Patchwork said...

Oh Allison, exciting news!! I'm a bit of a vintage lover in a minimal sense, but only as i hate to dust!! Love Posie

Siobhan said...

That was my favourite feature too. And congrats on being features on DF.

Little Ted Canvas said...

Your place looks fantastic! You must never want to leave the house each day!

Lucy said...

Thanks so much for the link and your kind words Allison! :) I am so loving your gorgeous place.. thanks so much for sharing it! xxx

BEE said...

That's really exciting Allison, the feature on your house is gorgeous! I especially love the herbs you have potted in old Twinings tins... so charming :)

gnomeangel said...

I LOVED that home! I've nearly made the pages all funky from constantly looking over it and finding something new and wonderful each time. LOVE IT!

Congrats on having your home featured - that's so wonderful!