Thursday, 11 February 2010

The Early Bird

For the second morning in a row I have set my alarm for an indecently early time. Yesterday the reason was to go for an early morning walk with my friend (we are on a fitness kick), today was to win this lovely old haberdashery counter on eBay, which is going to have pride of place in our new shop.

It is made of oak and glass and has 20 drawers with handles at the back. I have always loved these cabinets, they remind me of the haby shops I used to visit with my mum, who was a seamstress. You still find these cabinets in a lot of old shops in the UK. I owned a beauty when we were living in England, it was from an old lingerie shop that had closed down, but I had to leave it behind when we moved to Australia. Bah. But anyway, now I have a new one. Or I will do if it gets here in one piece. Watch this space!

15 comments:

GemmaJoy said...

What a gorgeous piece of furniture!! Well worth the ungodly hour you had to wake up to make sure it was yours.

Penny said...

Awesome!!! I want one!

citrus daisy said...

That is deliciously gorgeous - well done you. It will look wonderful in your already delightful shop.

zofia said...

wow, that is gorgeous, totally worth the early up!

Jodie said...

WOW ! What a beauty....

BEE said...

Sooooo gorgeous... I want one for my home! Imagine all the fun stuff you could fill it up with and have all your house-guests "ooooh" and "ahhhh" over :)

john said...

This is probably what I need. I think this will be great in your place. You need something like this.
dining room table

Posie Patchwork said...

Um, how did you sleep the night before when you knew that was happening, it's so fabulous!! Love Posie

Beach Vintage said...

This is an amazing piece.

lisa :: the red thread said...

No WAY! I love it and am totally envious! I'm sure it will look gorgeous in your shop.

Petit enfant said...

Superb!! What a find...LOve it!Well done to you :)

Cheeky Little Monsters said...

That is absolutely gorgeous Allison! Why don't you use a sniper for Ebay?

Donna said...

Hoorah you found one! I am so glad. I have been looking out but with no joy. I am going to an auction on Wednesday and there is one in the catalogue but I won't need to bid on it now.

Hope it gets to you soon (and in one piece)

belleandboo said...

gosh I love those, I would love, love, love one

Hello, said...

lucky lucky lucky you .......give it a big kiss from me:)