Thursday, 11 February 2010

It's raining again!

For the second day running there's been a huge downpour over Daylesford. Both days it happened at school pick up time, of course, and yesterday it continued through tea time. It's a huge, lashing kind of rain in the middle of a sticky heat. I mustn't complain, we need as much rain as we can get around here.

I was reminded of the melamine Viking plates we have in our webshop. These are made by German artist Sandra Herzensart. they also come in a forest design.

8 comments:

kathy said...

Allison you can always bet your bottom dollar it rains at pick up time - the miniscule bit of rain we do get these days, always seems to be a pick up time. Why-oh-why? So there are all these drowned rat mothers scurrying about! The kids love it though!

Penny said...

It's like being in a tropical jungle!

Elecat said...

I'm in Bacchus Marsh & I can imagine that you got a similar downpour to us. I've taken photos 'cos it was insane. I'll be posting them soon so, if your curious, check out my blog. Love those plates.... very cute. :)

Vic said...

Ugh. I know we shouldn't complain when the rain is so needed, but it would be nice to be allowed to whinge, just a little, when having to be out in it.

I. Love. Those. Plates!

Posie Patchwork said...

Yes, rained in Canberra bang on 3 only after i had trapped myself inside the school sans umbrella. Children thought it was fantastic, me, well straight home to shower & early night in jammies, plus i had managed to get all my washing dry before i left so fresh sheets. Lovely!! Love Posie

Market Girl said...

How does it know to rain every weekday at 3pm?

life and the memoirs said...

It now seems to me, that where ever you are, it always rains at the time of school pick!!! How is that!
Love those plates!!

Polka Dot Rabbit said...

ooh I love these plates! So excited they are being stocked in Australia!