Monday, 1 March 2010

The Big Smoke

Sydney, Sydney, Sydney, I love you!

Just back from an 8 day trip to Sydney to take part in the Mardi Gras parade - no not really, only joking, I was there to show my stuff at the Life in Style show! Had an ace time, launched so many new products to our ace stockists, caught up with lots of cool people and shared business tips and gossip. Lots of laughs.

Stayed in a fab apartment that was SO much better equipped than our house, I want to live there. Hung out with my son's godmother, who was a total help with the kids for the whole week, and we ate real old-skool Lebanese food (my weakness). The kids had a crazy time at Manly, Luna Park, the Powerhouse (1980s exhibition = yay!) and Darling Harbour. I yummed out at the EQ Farmer's Market, which is about the best food market I have ever found. Wondered why you can get Pepsi but never Coke in Sydney.

In blog news - I caught up with Lisa, whose blog is so inspiring, and Anastasia, one of my very longest-standing blog friends who is adorable and popped in with her sis on the way to see George Michael play. I also had a natter with Anna and Naomi Murrell about the way blogging is becoming maybe a bit slightly catty and over-critical lately (boo). Lyndsay came to the fair and tipped me off about a Japanese craft book sale at Kinokuniya Sydney, which I hurried over to (yay).

Hope you've had a top week, I'm off to catch up on everything and will be back later, don't forget the Daylesford Makers Market this Saturday, it's going to be a great day. Lark will be open too, with a lot of new goodies in the store that arrived while I was away!


6 comments:

Buttons by Lou Lou said...

Sounds busy but great! Got my copy of thaw today so will have some reading over the next few days.

bee said...

Glad you had a great time! Your fair stand looks divine - bright and inviting and choc-full of gorgeous things! Loving that antique-y picture frame display :)

lisa :: the red thread said...

It was lovely to meet you Allison, and now I understand where you were on Sunday afternoon when I kept coming back to purchase my Rosie Flo's and you were nowhere to be found!!

Cass said...

Sorry I missed you, I was supposed to go but was sick all weekend

Anna Laura said...

It was good to catch up, hope you all got home safe and sound. I think I fall in love with Sydney more and more each time I go!

AnastasiaC said...

it was so great to see you again Allison - you look fantastic and your Lark stall always looks so warm and inviting!!
George Michael concert was fantastic!! we danced all night!!

Glad to hear you had a great time in Sydney - would love to know where you ate your Lebanese food - love Middle eastern cuisine!!