Sunday, 21 March 2010

Playing Five Faves

Pip has started a new meme called Fave Fives and I'm joining in for a little while. It's all about listing five things you have loved in the past week, and I am loving a lot at the moment.

(Blog) life is too short to rant, bitch and moan, much better to accentuate the positive, I say! Here are five things that made me smile this week and I hope you might like them too...

1. THIS has been a favourite blog of mine for ages, and now I'm gonna share it with you. I love the way Emma writes about life, food and being a young mum. Her recipes are the best!


2. My fave foodie thing is the abundance of tomatoes and basil right now. YUM!!!



3. Liberty of London and Merci of Paris. I have put my order in. Say no more.



4. My favourite (old) song this week has been Panic by The Smiths. I hadn't listened to it for a while and when it shuffled up on my iPod last week it took me straight back to when I was 17 at my best friend Kathy's house every Saturday, doing our hair and getting ready for a night out in Liverpool at the Phil pub and Macmillans nightclub. And then a year or two later on, student uni nights at Newcastle clubs. I am so happy to have grown up in Northern England in the 1980s.

4. Fave vintage find of the week = six rolls of this pretty Sanderson wallpaper.

Why don't you join in here?

8 comments:

The Crafty Librarian said...

That wallpaper is delightful! What a find :o)

Kickcan and Conkers said...

Nice Alison - loved grpowing up in England in the 80s too!

sean the prawn said...

I'm loving the blue saucepans, I'm loving the Holly Hobbie in the background even more.

pictures eat people said...

popped into your store today...my toddler was asleep in the pram...so i was in bliss! it's just lovely.

Claire Gale said...

i loved growing up in england in the 80's too. whilst i'm sure living in a small village in somerset was pretty limited compared to the big lights of a city like liverpool, 'flicking' our hair, drinking martin (secretly) and listening to the duran duran was a necessity before going to the white hart. the smiths bona drag album rocks:)

Hannah Stevenson said...

I grew up in Reno Nevada USA but loved The Smiths and just the same! Thanks for bringing me back! I found you through LMNOP and I just love everything about your online shop and blog. Thanks for sharing!

Handmade in Israel said...

Love those blue saucepans. Your post really took me back to the 80's! i wasb a student in Liverpool and remember that pub so well!

Happydacks said...

How lovely the wallpaper is and what a lucky duck you are to get six!