Friday, 19 March 2010

Something for the weekend

Some new books I ordered for our family arrived today, we each have a plan for this weekend...


Paul has got this gorgeous new mega book called The Real Food Companion which is all about cooking with local and seasonal produce, so I'm looking forward to some deliciousness coming from the kitchen.

Some fun books for the kids.


And for me, inspiration for an interior design project I'm thinking about.

As you can tell, we are the kind of family you likes to spend our weekends indoors with a pile of books, we don't do the whole football/ballet/sport thing. Mind you, we went to the beach last week, does that count as sport? Hope you have a great weekend, whatever you're doing!

9 comments:

Pilgrim Lee said...

ooh good books!! we're a non-sport, indoorsy, booky family too. its a good way to be :)

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

How on earth do you get out of all thw birthday parties? That weekend sounds my idea of heaven. I have my eye on the Sibella book for ages! xx

Posie Patchwork said...

You're a gorgeous family who actually likes to be together!! We're not doing out of school sport this year, my gift!! Ask me again after ACT cross country & athletics, always the COLDEST days out watching your children disappear into the mountains & wait for them to come back before you freeze over. Love Posie

Alicia ~ Time Worn Style said...

Hey we are the same, give me a good book anytime. Mind you I am a bit obsessed by tennis!
alicia

sean the prawn said...

We are trying to encourage the sport thing with he kiddies...but they love their books & computers....come to think of it so do we.Book shopping rocks!!

beccasauras said...

I met someone recently who named their daughter after the Sibella in this book- and it wasn't me! I thought I made it up!

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

Dear Allison, Thanks for your comment on my wedding post. I did reply there but in case you missed it. I do love the 70's sooo much and Man about the House was essential viewing! I follow Sally Thomsett on Twitter (played Jo) and she is the loveliest lady. Like moi, she had her daughter a lot later in life. Anyway, after the sunshine happy wedding my beautiful dog died which I have just blogged about. And so the week ended up totally crappy and heart-breaking but there you are! Enjoy your lovely books! xx

messyfish said...

Sounds like heaven!

Kylie said...

I just love the Etcetera book I fell in love when I first saw it on the shelf at the book store, it had to be mine! Alittle layby later and it was, bliss.