Sunday, 18 April 2010

This weekend I've been...

Enjoying a late burst of Autumn sunshine, the weather has been glorious in Daylesford!

Working every day in our shop - catching up with our favourite customers and meeting lots of new ones.

Partying to celebrate the return of our friends from a year in Japan.

Eating Mr Kipling's Cherry Bakewell Tarts, Paul's homemade fougasse bread, party pizza and risotto made with some wild mushrooms we picked on our friend's property. Needless to say, I am dreading my Weight Watchers meeting tomorrow.

Shopping for an old TV set that still works, a search that took me to an amazing home in a converted church, stuffed full of vintage finds.

Reading Dana's story about her ante-natal depression in this special editon of Mixtapezine. I suffered from this devastating condition in my first pregnancy, and Dana's story is a spot-on account of how it feels. She and her partner Pete are an ACE couple.

Listening to my son read, he is on his last book before he jumps up to a big new level in school and so he is very keen to get through it before Monday!

Thinking about a special trip we are planning for next week.

Hope you've had a fun-packed weekend!

3 comments:

Posie Patchwork said...

Oh yes, brilliant weekend, think i saw about $500M worth of art this afternoon, incredible!! To be so close to Van Gogh's self portrait, Degas & Monet's amazing work, throw in some Picasso, oh la la. Love Posie

sarah-jane down the lane said...

Hi Allison, so glad to see that CK bag looking so perfectly at home with you,

Happy weekend,

Sarah x

suze2000 said...

The weather has been glorious, hasn't it?

I looked at Mix Tape Zine, but there's a massive typo on the front cover and I can't bring myself to reward such sloppiness by giving them my money. And heavens knows what's on the inside if that's what they allow on the cover! It would drive me mad, published on paper (it's bad enough on the web).

I'm a stickler I know. :)

Our car finally gets repaired this week. I may finally get to visit your shop next weekend. Hooray!