Saturday, 24 July 2010

Busy week

Saturday morning - finally catching up with the ol' blogs. How's your week been? I haven't stopped for breath. In work, it's all been about getting the orders out from our (overwhelmingly popular) sale - still a few to go out on Monday, getting our new designs off to the printer, writing my Maeve column, and preparing for Life in Style, which is only 2.5 weeks away now.

Home has been busy too, with plumbers, electricians and chippies around the house building a new bathroom, trips to IKEA, planning a birthday party and our summer holiday, kids, dogs, cats to feed and organise.

And it has also been busy on the social/foodie/shopping/telly watching front. We loved the Trentham farmers market last week (it has become one of the best around), hung out at the new Stables café at the Cosmo hotel, as well as at our old fave Red Beard bakery café, bought lovely flowers from Sandy for friends, made veggie lasagne with the rainbow chard from our garden, had a surprise visit from Jackie and Hannah, drank lots of coffee, shopped in Kyneton (love the pretty new children's shop Hennie & Fox), visited our friends' awesome new home in Ballarat, found some great things at the Daylesford bazaar (5 huge old Italian food jars, a vintage telly for the shop and an old record player for the garden den), was given a lovely gift of Bonne Maman jam, my favourite (love the jars), watched Herbie goes to Monte Carlo, the new series of Mary Queen of Shops and Jamie's Food Revolution USA, and did more food shopping in Prahran, one of our many 'old stamping grounds', visited a special little girl whose birthday it is, read the latest issues of my fave magazines. I just downloaded the week's pics from my camera, here are a few...

























11 comments:

Knicky Knacks said...

I'm exhausted reading all of that and the wonderful visual presentation of your week. Wow - and lets not forget you had kids in tow which is a double WOW and for a third and final WOW, lets think how many k's you did because I was thinking Trentham, Prahran etc...you've covered some distance there. I can't live without my Meredith Goats Cheese or that amazing Jam. They used to stock the Jam at my local Coles but not anymore and I'm feeling so deprived. Might have to take the journey to find it in your neck of the woods.

Knicky Knacks said...

Oh, and the Christmas Pud shot - was that at Trentham Market? Would love to get my hands on one of those for my Handmade Christmas Challenge.

sandra said...

Oh, how to make people hungry, and it's nearly lunch time. We are having zucchini soup but some of that bread would be nice!!

Emma said...

That latte art was seriously amazing. Three of my closest friends are baristas (and Josh used to be one) and I've never seen anyone do THAT.

Next time you come to Melbourne visit South Melbourne! Come to the Passionfoods organic store on a Sunday and I'll be there!

Posie Patchwork said...

Look at all those awesome things, wow!! My week has been fantastic thanks, Greece, Italy, Germany, totally spoilt. Now back to reality of mothering, business & housework, sigh. Love Posie

Exquisite Accessories said...

Oh my gosh how do you do it!!! I'm tired reading :)) Have a reat time at life in style, love the Lark bird on the coffee to :)))

Maxabella said...

I'm really enjoying your lovely bloggy journey. I mentioned you on my own blog today with a link. Hope that's okay.

Carmel said...

I want to move to Daylesford! It all looks so lovely.
Have a great week.
carmel

Claire Gale said...

sounds like a fab week! and there's some great suggestions here for a our road trip, thanks. the cosmopolitan hotel looks fantastic, shame they don't have accommdation. we're looking for somewhere cheap but characterful to stay the night. seems the yha at hepburn springs is closed in august!

grounded pleasures said...

beautiful flowers are (amazingly) still going strong! :)

Pervaiz said...

Thanks for sharing this.
http://wofgtg.blogspot.com/