Wednesday, 14 July 2010

Christmas 1978 - yay!

I have been having fun recently poking about in Flickr and eBay, looking at some of the things I remember my friends and I having (or wanting) when we were little girls. I found all sorts of products that took me back, from baking tins to board games, featuring children's characters like Holly Hobbie, Peanuts, Betsey Clark, Sarah Kay and the cute kids by Joan Walsh Anglund. I had so much fun looking at these, and remembering the sweet old days of bubble bath and letter sets and autograph books and jewellery boxes. Betsey Clark was always my favourite, I have a little collection going even now! You can find my Flickr favourites here . What did you love as a little girl (or boy)?





The awesome Christmas photo is from here .

2 comments:

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

Enid Blyton! Always anything Enid. I still do. xx

Make mine Mid-Century said...

Wow! What a collection of images. Imagine having all that when you were seven? I would have gone emerald with envy!

I have an old Betsy Clarke doll ... her hair is all matted ... but I can't get rid of her.

And aren't all the dolls from then innocent and charmy? Whimsical, even.