Friday, 30 July 2010

Winter again

Sigh - the little glimpse of spring we had last week has gone and Daylesford has once again been plunged into misty, foggy, dull dampness. This has been the coldest and longest winter since we moved here four years ago. Don't get me wrong, Daylesford is SO pretty in winter, but you do find yourself longing for a bit of sunny sunshine after a few months of it! We've been holed up at home all week. Paul has been baking delicious bread. We did a photoshoot for a new project for one of my fave magazines. Harry had his dog injections (he will be ready to go for his first walkies in a few days). My friend and I watched a preview of the Making It Handmade documentary. Jacob made a book, 'The Adventures of Indiana Stick'. We ate soup. It's all good - but I'm still longing for a bit of sunshine! x

6 comments:

Alison said...

Hi Alison, Coming back home to a Melbourne winter after being in a warmer climate has been a bit of a shock, however today Melbourne is a balmy 17 degrees and I'm basking in the sunshine. It's crazy that your less than 2 hrs from here and having a dull day. Cheer up petal spring is not far away.

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

I am a Winter baby as Summer gets sooo long and humid in Sydney. It has been a tough old winter however. Getting the clothes dry is the horrid bit. Look forward to seeing your fave magazine shoot. xx

bee said...

Yes up here in the hills it's been very damp and grey for AGES now too. I do love the cold - gimme the rain any day over the heat of Summer - but I do agree that a little sunshine here and there makes it much more pleasant. Paul's bread looks delicious - what a talent! I too am lucky enough to have a baking hubby. Marty is an excellent baker and loves to make me cakes!

Emma said...

Te he... we could use with a bit more sunshine too and it's summer over here in the UK... well it was a few weeks ago - it seems to have deserted us and once August starts Autumn will begin to kick in. It seems that everything has only just come into leaf when it's time for them to drop already. I worked out we had 8 months of winter since October and I didn't take the fleece lining out of my North Face coat until well into June! This is only Yorkshire, I'd hate to be in Scotland!!! ;)

Kim said...

Oh, that would be my absolute favourite tht thing, Emma! I love winter and autumn!!!! Australia is too darn hot for my liking. 8 months of winter...I can only hope and dream. Sorry to all the warmer weather lovers;)

Paul looks like he's an amazing bread cook. Is that sourdough? Yum!

Selina said...

I think I could handle winter better if it was warm enough during the day to get outside still! Not long til spring though.