Thursday, 5 August 2010

Brekkie

I love a big home made breakfast. I tend to skip brekkie if all that's on offer is a box of cereal and some toasted sliced bread. But offer me a Full English or a plate of pastries and I'm there. My friend Rebecca lives in Berlin and one time when I visited she took me to the most amazing 'German Breakfast' cafés with buffet tables laden with different cheeses, breads and fruit, mmm. This morning I pulled out some rhubarb from our garden, it has grown really well this year. I cooked it in some blackcurrant juice and we ate it with porridge, it was yum. Paul had made some bread, which toasted really well, so we ate that too, with melty butter. Now I feel well set up for the day!

9 comments:

MoederKip said...

Watch out - if you keep posting pictures like that, you might find us on your doorstop for breakfast tomorrow
;-)

Little Ted Canvas said...

oh YUM!! What a perfect start to the day..followed by curling up near the fire with a cuppa afterwards...wishful thinking, I guess...

Kim and Ro said...

We made bread this week!!! A nice Rye....but we need some advice on decent easy to follow bread how too books....Ro

AnastasiaC said...

i love oats in winter - so easy to make too!!
Ive been good too - Ive trained myself to eat them without any sugar or honey just a sprinkle of cinnamon haha!!
that bread sure looks good!!
i still want to try the 'no knead' bread....ive had the recipe for ages!

bee said...

YUMMO! I just love porridge on a cold morning... but with stewed rhubarb - even better! Paul must be quite a talented bread maker - that loaf looks spectacular :D

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

I am with you on the breakfast. I love a big full English but hate cereal and toast and would prefer to go without. xx

A Thrifty Mrs said...

I agree with whoever said we'll be showing up on your doorstep. I want some of that yummy food.

My breakfast choice at the moment is porridge with passion fruit. Yum.

雅王任 said...

知識可以傳授,智慧卻不行。每個人必須成為他自己。............................................................

Brierley & Clover said...

I seriously keep coming back to the picture of Paul's bread - any chance he could do a guest post with a recipe? I've got cravings for that bread with butter and strawberry jam1