Wednesday, 18 August 2010

For sale

The Grande hotel in Hepburn Springs, next to Daylesford, is up for sale. You can't see from this photo but it is a huge and wonderful old Victorian house, recently renovated to boutique hotel standard, two storeys, with 11 ensuite bedrooms, exquisite dining rooms, commercial kitchen, treatment rooms and a private cinema. It looks out onto beautiful bushland, with wide verandahs and outdoor courtyards. It would make the awesomest family home/workspace ever.

How much is this beautiful place? $999,000! I know that is a heck of a lot of money, but can you believe how (relatively) cheap this is for such a place? The little Californian bungalow that Paul and I once rented in East Malvern recently sold for way more. House prices are crazy these days.

Sigh, I wish I could afford a million dollar house, I love The Grande, I hope whoever buys it treats it with the love it deserves.

Fancy a move to Daylesford, anyone? xxx

6 comments:

sunday collector said...

I agree - it's all relative. And that is beautiful - I love the signage too.

bee said...

Wowsers - what a dream to own a property like this! One day I'd love to own several acres and have a little hobby farm with miniature animals... mini pigs, mini donkeys, dexter cows... the list goes on! One day *sigh*

佳張張張張燕張張張張張 said...

獲益不少,謝謝分享!............................................................

Jodie said...

If only.... *sigh*

Leah said...

Yes, I would need to win the lotto, it looks beautiful!

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

Beautiful. I hope she gets the owner her loveliness deserves. xx