Wednesday, 11 August 2010

Life in Style

It's day two of the Life in Style trade fair and I'm hurriedly writing a quick post before the doors are opened for customers. Yesterday was pretty exhausting - up at 6am to drop the kids off and drive through the rain and the forest, on the stand from 9am-8pm, had a near-death experience when I choked on a lolly (I am not kidding, I really thought my time was up), flopped back to the hotel only to realise that I'd left my laptop on the stand so we had to come back in at 10pm after it was all locked up. On the positive side - the Lark stand looks really pretty, one of the best we have done I think, Daisy Lane is getting a great reception, and I have caught up with lots of lovely people including Morgan Wills, Bec from Little Shop of Handmade, Jason Grant, Renee and Travis from Mister Mista (fantastic stand design!), the girls from Mae who are next door to us, Mandi from Babyology, most of our fave customers... also I got to meet Natalie Bloom, who is one of my business heroes, she is awesome! Apologies for the lack of links here, I am writing this on the run but I will try and do a full round-up when it's all over. Better get back to it - have a lovely day! xx

15 comments:

sean the prawn said...

Glad you are still with us!!
Lark display does look great... Happy Daisy Lane is getting a good response, it is truely fab.

Make mine Mid-Century said...

Yes, the stand does look wonderful. I think I see a beautiful doll's house! I think you'll draw the crowds.

Beky said...

You poor sausage. It's a terrible experience to choke on food. Take care, please!

Little Ted Canvas said...

That does look pretty, I hope it's another great day for you (minus the near death experience)! Loved your networking piece in MAEVE, thankyou.

Elecat said...

I'm so glad that you survived your choking experience but I'm sure that someone very creative and talentd coul've come up with a great headstone poem for that one. :) Now I have to hunt for where the trade show is..... have I had my head in the sand? I seriously need to head out more. :)

sarah said...

it is a lovely looking stand! well done! and daisy lane looks just beautiful!
i must have missed you darn it!
x sarah from hennie and fox, kyneton x

yardage girl said...

Sorry to have missed you this morning - we dropped past a couple of times but couldn't see you. Your display is really amazing, bright and very eye catching. Best wishes for the rest of the fair! Nic

bee said...

Your stand looks AMAZING! So darn pretty and so much great stuff. Was so awesome to finally meet Paul and have a bit of a natter! Really bummed I just missed you though Allison... I'll just have to come back to lovely Daylesford soon :) All the best for the rest of the fair :) xoxo

Leigha said...

Just popped over from decor8 - your home is gorgeous!!!

http://decor8blog.com/2010/08/03/the-lovely-home-of-lark/

Cannot wait to explore.

Danielle said...

Beautiful,beautiful!
Lovely blog : )

/Fashion Bowie

Tails from the dog house said...

I think your stand looks like a vintage doll house wonderful and really pretty

Elyse said...

absolutely adorable!

xo
elyse

于庭吳 said...

所有的資產,在不被諒解時,都成了負債..................................................................

Keren said...

Allison it was so so so lovely of ou to visit our stand at Reed. It was such a pleasure to finally meet you in person and you are just as delightful as I thought you would be.

Your stand looks divine as always, hope the fair was a good one for you.

Keren (The Brown Trading Co.)
xxx

Missymaomao said...

Was sorry I missed this years show. We all had colds and flues and the weather was pretty horrid. Your stand looks so good. Makes you feel, umm well all larky. Hope you have a nice rest this week.