Saturday, 21 August 2010

Voting for pink

We went to the school to vote today, and there was a stall selling strawberry lamingtons, yippee! I cast my vote, but I'm not sure quite why we're having an election after only three years of a new government. What's been interesting for me is that this is the first time my kids have been old enough to ask about the election and discuss it with us. They seemed to have made up their own mind about who to vote for before we even started talking- Julia Gillard is 'a nice lady', she 'dresses up as a pilot' (??!). While Tony Abbott is 'that creepy guy on the posters'. I guess these are the things that matter when you are 8! I think they would decide to vote for the 'Lollies Before Breakfast' party if there was one. Have a great day, now that I've voted I'm off to paint the inside of the garden shed, it's stage two in my project to make something cute out of it. x

4 comments:

Widge said...

yummy
I have had a craving for pink lammingtons all week since seeing them on another blog too......

T_Y said...

ha! Tony Abbot IS the creepy guy on the posters, and I'm a bit older than 8. Cute.

詹碧周宗翰周宗翰芸 said...

被你的人氣吸引過來~~.................................[/url]...............

Posie Patchwork said...

I voted yesterday, ahhh, avoided the crazy queues. Why did i vote in advance - so i could run a BBQ & cake stall at my children's school of course. No strawberry lamingtons, sigh, but plenty of beautiful cup cakes & we made a fortune for the school. After 10 hours on my feet, i've had a welcome shower but still have smokey hair??!! My children have always been interested in politics as i'm so passionate about it. Julia Gillard dresses as a prison warden if you ask me!! Would a bit of colour or style kill her?? Love Posie