Friday, 10 September 2010

Balti in Birmingham

If you find yourself stuck in Birmingham, UK, on a wet Monday evening, what can you do but head to the 'Balti Triangle' for one of the world's best curries? I can thoroughly recommend Al Frash on Ladypool Road. One thing I do miss living in Australia is a really good takeaway curry. Actually, we have a decent Indian restaurant in Daylesford I must admit, they do an excellent garlic naan and eggplant peshwari but some of the dishes are a tad on the healthy side and my heart cries out for a scrummy and fattening creamy korma from time to time, mmmmm! I spent a couple of days in Birmingham catching up with an old friend and visiting a gift fair to find lots of lovely new things. I hope you are keeping well!xx

4 comments:

Anja said...

While visiting my friend in Coventry we had some wonderful Balti diner! I love it and really miss good Indian food here in Germany. Indian restaurants are very rare...

And Birmingham is a wonderful town!

pilgrim said...

oh so true!! i miss the amazing creamy veg korma i'd get at our local in stafford!

yum!

AnastasiaC said...

its perfect Takeaway curry weather in Sydney today...might be a great idea for dinner actually since i have no kitchen!

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

You have given me a craving for Dahl. Indian takeaway is my favourite. xx