Wednesday, 27 October 2010

Op Shop Finds

I promised to post about my op shop finds from the weekend - this little stash came from the two op shops in Queenscliff, I always find good treasure in seaside towns for some reason!

A cute tea crate and a vintage fabric bag.

Serving platters from the Vue Grand, a famous old hotel in Queenscliff.

One of those old photo-puppet books, I have a collection of these.

A giant Willow biscuit tin in fetching red gingham!

A 1970s patchwork book.

On the way back through Geelong we stopped at the Mill where I bought these lovelies.

A pristine 1974 calendar tea towel

A pretty tin tray - I think this is my favourite thing that I found.

And a king size vintage patchwork quilt. It needs a few repairs but as it cost barely anything I think I can manage that! I've since laundered it and it has come up beautifully, I love it.

17 comments:

Georgie Love said...

Oh lordy, SO jealous of the quilt! I have been on the look out for something like that for YEARS! Well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Leah said...

WOW, great finds, I don't know which is my favourite!

Morgan Wills said...

I tell you what Allison we are of the same collecting breed! Your treasures all look like treasures I too would snaffle up and celebrate! Hats off to your hunting style ;-)

Alison said...

Wonderful finds, love the tin.

laura said...

the tray is my favourite too! yummy finds.

Emma said...

Oh I LOVE everything! Well done!

MonetPaisley said...

Wow, and king size, I love it! wouldn't consider giving it away would you????? hehehe. I loved the vue grand, I think I stayed there once with my family when I was young, I love coming accross hotel dinnerware and cutlery, not sure why, good quality?

martha puri said...

ow! beautiful treasures :)

anyway please join my international giveaway.
Big Owl Beads Brooch <3
http://idekuhandmade.blogspot.com/2010/10/october-27-giveaway.html
\thanks

Miss Claire said...

That quilt is a fantastic find! Am super green with envy :)

Resha said...

great finds! :D

Ames and Tash said...

Some wonderful treasures!

sunday collector said...

I was only saying to my colleague the other day we always find good things in seaside towns - I think it's because of all the retirees who end up there...and all the fabulous bits that come with their houses! Lovely post...

zigsma said...

Gosh - that quilt is stunning! All great finds. I found a Willow cake tin today! Suburbside, not seaside though. Such fun.

MelMel said...

Fabulous finds! Oh the quilt is wonderful!xx

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

Love the tray, quilt and book. You always find the treasures. I voted for Daisy Lane. (Don't tell anyone that could spoil any street cred I have big time.) I think Daisy Lane deserves to win! xx

shimmer and glow said...

OOohhh, I was standing behind you in the queue at Mill Markets- I didn't even notice! I did notice your calendar tea towel, and the lady pointing out a little damage on the patchwork quilt! (I was distracted by the quilt, I think!)

Isn't it great there? :D

Elizabeth said...

Such wonderful finds :)