Tuesday, 7 December 2010

Missing

It's at this time of year when I start to feel really homesick for the UK. Missing my mum and the sheer excitement of a wintry European Christmas. I made some Cherry Bakewell buns to cheer myself up.

And then, hurrah, this lovely big pile of Christmas issue magazines from England arrived via dear Hen, who has been sent some Aussie cheer in return.

So last night I sat down with my mags and a cherry bun, played Slade's Merry Xmas Everybody on You Tube and got a bit teary. I do love an Australian summer Christmas, it's part of our own family tradition now, but sometimes there's no place like your childhood home, is there?

4 comments:

tjoyy said...

we had a wonderful christmas in berlin one year and just love the cold, snow and amazing glow of lights... yes I miss this too

Hen said...

Awww, glad you're enjoying your mags Allison, it's pretty freezing here at the mo so we're envying you down under (not least because the other half would love to be at the cricket)! Looking forward to my Aussie mag and settling down in front of the fire.
Hen xxx

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

Dear Allison, I know quite a few UK folk who are feeling the same at this time of year. What a thoughtful gift from Hen. I would personally love a Christmas in the snow as this humidity is totally dire. xx

Leisa said...

lucky you - nothing worse than Christmas magazines in Jan/Feb - after the event. Enjoy them~!