Monday, 11 April 2011

Papering

This Easter holidays will be spent papering, painting and prettifying in our house in Daylesford. We are finally letting out 'The Lark House' to visitors from Easter, after putting the project on hold since Christmas due to - well - busyness. The house is also being used as a location for photo shoots including a potential shoot for a Tupperware catalogue, so it needs to be looking its best.

At the back of the house we've created a 'retreat' with a huge comfy bed, wood fire, bathroom, cosy living area and dressing area. This is the wallpaper we chose for one of the walls, a lovely bird designer from a Swedish company called Borastapeter.

These pretty swallow decals by Mae will also feature.

Today I have been painting furniture, sewing cushions and unpacking box after box of brand new doonas, pillows, electric blankets (yay), mattress toppers and cushions. I feel a little guilty that we are not going away this holiday, and the boys have a couple of days booked in at a holiday club, but then I remember that in the last holiday they went on holiday to Thailand and we hung out together doing lots of fun things for the entire 7 weeks! Guilt begone!

If you are interested in holidaying at the Lark House it will be available to book online in about 10 days. There is some availability for the Easter weekend - contact me via the Lark website if this is of interest. The house sleeps 8, so it's ideal for large family gatherings, and pets are most welcome.

I'll post lost and lots of pics next week when the work is completed!!

8 comments:

Cotton Kiwi said...

Beautiful paper you have chosen. I will definately remember the house if I'm in your neck of the woods!

suburbansider said...

The wallpaper is so gorgeous, I am looking forward to seeing the rest of the photos!

Tas said...

Oh, I have a sudden urge to wallpaper my house. Exquisite!

Nat @ dear little house said...

Sounds like an amazing place to stay!

Down that Little Lane said...

Can't wait to see the pics, always looking for gorgeous places to stay... I won't go unless I like the decor and that rules out so many places!

Kim H said...

How exciting! Loved the birdy wallpaper and can't wait to see lots of photos:)

Stina Ballerina said...

I was looking at the bird wallpaper in a shop this weekend and thinking that it was so beautiful :-)

Emeraldflare said...

i'm coming to Daylesford next week so might pop by the shop to say hello :o) what's to do in Daylesford beside day spa?