Tuesday, 10 May 2011

My favourite brekkie


I am not big breakfast eater, in fact I struggle to eat anything before morning tea time, but I do try and be healthy. At the moment I am eating porridge with homemade jam. I like this a lot, because 1) it tastes nice and 2) it takes 90 seconds to make, which is about all the time I have after getting the kids ready for school.

I use Be Natural multi-grain porridge which has oats, rye and barley and is SO delicious and healthy. I don't often have time to make stove-top porridge so I love that this comes in little sachets that you add milk to. This morning I added homemade Plum and Cardamom jam from Cliffy's store in Daylesford. It was YUMMY and perfect for an autumn morning. Mmm. Are you a brekkie eater?

7 comments:

Yvette Adams said...

My husband and daughter don't know how spoilt they are. We never have toast or packet cereal! We have porridge, bircher muesli, eggs lots of different ways, pancakes, corn fritters, popovers, croissants and corn on the cob (but not all at the same time!). Yes, totally spoilt!

Nat @ dear little house said...

Vegemite on soy and linseed toast with a cup of Irish Breakfast tea. Every morning :)

Jo - Dusty Plum said...

The new Be Natural cereals are SO good, I like the apple one .. oh yum .. I'm not a big breakfast eater but I do eat that!
Jam in porridge .. Yummo!

Cass said...

Might have ti try this. I hardly ever have breakfast although I know i should but I'd rather have an extra 15 minutes in bed, then it's up make lunches get kids ready get myself ready, off to school and work. Maybe I could take these to work

Lorraine said...

Heck yes! I am a big eater, no matter what the meal is. I love food. I actually just ate Special K with a sprinkling of untoasted muesli, topped with a dollop of creamy vanilla yoghurt. Teamed with a huge cup of steaming coffee of course. Mmmm porridge. I'll have to grab some at my next shopping trip :)

Joanne said...

I can not survive without brekky! Lately hubby and I have been having mushrooms, tomatoes and eggs (usually poached) with toast, and a cup of green tea to wash it down.

Emma said...

Jam in porridge?! Genius!

I love having porridge for breakfast in cooler weather. Sometimes it's with maple syrup and pecans, and others is sultanas, cinnamon and honey. I'm definitely giving jam in porridge a go, it looks and sounds delicious.