Friday, 10 June 2011

Friday


I am still catching up after the busyness/exhaustion of last weekend, so please forgive the lack of posts this week.

On Fridays I always go to assembly at our school, and today my persistence was rewarded when not one but BOTH of my kids were awarded student of the week in their classes. Hurrah! They were both so shy receiving their awards, and I had to be restrained and give a polite clap rather than the big whoop I wanted to do. The new school is lovely, with such an inclusive culture that was missing in our last school. Love it!


Often I meet up with Morgan at the Friday assembly, as we share the same school, and we go out for a natter afterwards. Today we went over to The Crafty Squirrel, Morgans Ballarat shop and studio space that is due to open in about 2 weeks. I was knocked out with how the shop is looking, just look at those sweet window stickers and the colourful leadlight windows above. Next week I'll be helping to put out all the stock and set up the displays, I can't wait. I went along to the trade fairs with Morgan in February and she has sourced some amazing things.

If you in any way like crafty things or vintage things or cute things, then you should pencil in a trip to Ballarat once the shop is open, Morgan has the most incredible eye for aceness and I guarantee you will love her shop! I'll keep you posted on the opening date.





On the way back home I stopped in at our local Indian deli, they have the most incredible range of sweets that are so beautiful. Mmm.

Well, that's Friday morning out of the way. Now I have to get some work done before school's out. We have a busy social weekend planned. I hope you have a great long weekend break! Bye for now x


2 comments:

The Beetle Shack said...

ooh mercy. yum. gotta. go. eat.

xo em

I wrote a post about lusting after lark the other day... so wish i was closer!!

Ingvild said...

Just love your colorfull blogg :) Have a great day !

Ingvild from Norway