Saturday, 11 June 2011

Saturday


I have always loved Saturdays. When I was thirteen I had a paper round, and on Saturdays I would cycle back to the newsagent afterwards to pick up my paypacket, to be promptly spent on magazines, sweets and stationery (no change there).


On Saturdays we always have pancakes for breakfast. Jules gets up early and prepares all the ingredients and then he makes them with his dad. I love them just with vanilla sugar and lots of lemon juice.

Harry and Jim love Saturdays too. We usually go for a good walk, or a play in the local playground.

Most Saturdays we pop in to our Daylesford shop to catch up with Jordana and Emma and see if everything is running smoothly (it always is). Today we also went over to the doctors for our family flu shots. Ouch. Then afterwards we went over to see our best friends for a chippy lunch and a long yarn. It has been gloriously sunny today, hurrah!


I came home with a tiny posy picked by my friend's little girl. I'm also showing off my bag and shoes today. I bought this tweed patchwork doctor's bag from Cath Kidston last time I was in the UK and I have just started using it. The shoes are my current favourite aqua clogs from West Country Clogs, recommended by Pip.

The rest of Saturday means hanging out around the kitchen table together, a glass of wine and, later, I am planning to watch Upstairs Downstairs and catch up on some mags. Isn't it lovely to think that there is no work until Monday?

I hope you had a lovely day x


11 comments:

Little Shop of Handmade said...

oh love that bag! and the clogs! and the pancakes with lemon and sugar (my bestest)and love the long weekend!

Little Shop of Handmade said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jo - Dusty Plum said...

Nice one! Hasn't it been the loveliest day? My daughter who is 8 can now make pancakes from scratch and brings them to me in bed .. bless her heart. I must have done something right after all!

Sally said...

We always have pancakes on Saturdays too, its one way of using up the eggs from our chickens that the kids will eat and we LOoooove them! What a gorgeous bag!
Sally x

Carmen said...

How cute are your clogs! That aqua colour is just divine!

baincardin said...

cute! :)

Julia Deering said...

A perfect Saturday. Love your bag/footwear combo!

evie dear said...

what a lovely saturday, sounds perfect! ps - I really love your bag!!

Jayne said...

Sounds like the perfect Saturday :) That Cath Kidston bag is fabulous- patchwork is so cute. And I love seeing pics of your gorgeous dogs- I almost didn't recognise little Harry in his shaven state :D

REread said...

Love the expression on the retriever's face .. 'walk now, yeah?' ... love dogs :)

Lucy said...

Oooh I love pancakes, but haven't had them since I was a child on pancake day! Yours look just how I remember them - papery thin and lots of lemon and sugar. Yum!!
P.S Looove the bag :)