Sunday, 12 June 2011

Sunday



We caught the train to the big smoke today for a family day out. We saw over a dozen short films at ACMI, in the annual Little Big Shots Festival, which is always brilliant and a real treat. There were some great shorts this year, I definitely recommend going if you have some free time this week.


After lunch at Brunetti we went to the ART OF THE BRICK exhibition. If I am honest, I thought this was a tad over-hyped and disappointing. There are only a handful of lego artworks and having been to Legoland last year they were nowhere near as impressive as some of the creations we saw there. It all felt rather 'corporate' and cost $50 for a family, but we got around the exhibition in 15 minutes as it was so small. I think the Lego store set up below the exhibition was actually bigger! Anyway, that is just my opinion.


In fact, my favourite part of the exhibition was not the artworks by ex-lawyer Nathan Sawaya but the lego sculptures of Melbourne landmarks by members of MUGS (Melbourne Lego users group). Check out the Vic Market!


On the train home we shared a bag of Haigh's chocolate freckles, my favourite sweeties! I have freckles on my brain at the moment, as my friend and I are planning her daughter's 3rd birthday party and the theme is going to be pink with freckles and confetti!! So excited about the ideas we have had so far!!

So now we are back home and Paul is making a porcini risotto for dinner while I relax with a glass of wine. It's always nice to be back in the country after a day in the city! x

3 comments:

Handmade in Israel said...

Sounds like a lovely family day out, even if the exhibition was a tad disappointing.

Clara said...

Sounds like you've had a truly lovely weekend. Dogs, wine, magazines, new clogs - heaven! We have a new pup who we walked today, and I enjoyed a long soak in the bath with a copy of Velvet Pears earlier. I've also built a bar of Greene and Black's into my weekend routine...
Hoping you'll be suitably refreshed for work tomorrow xx

Yarn Wrap said...

Hi Alison,

Have you heard the interview with Cath Kidston on Desert Island discs. I have spent a bit of time over the years living in the UK and recently discovered they have just put up all past interviews on iTunes.

love the blog and twitter.

jude b

Missyarnwrap